REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Disconnect and tag the electrical connections. Disconnect the washer hoses.
- Loosen the nuts securing the drive link to the wiper motor crank arm. Disconnect the ball joint.
- Remove the motor attaching screws from the cowl.
- Remove the motor from its mount.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Be sure that the wiper motor arm is in PARK position. The wiper arms should be in their normal OFF position.
- Open the hood and disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Remove the exposed cowl cover screws with the hood up.
- Remove the wiper arms. This can be done by pulling the wiper arms away from the glass to release the clip underneath. The wiper arms are splined to the shafts and can be pulled off.
- Remove the remaining screws securing the cowl panel and remove it.
- Loosen the nuts holding the transmission linkage to the wiper motor crank arm.
- Disconnect the power feed to the wiper arm at the connector next to the radio.
- Remove the flex hose from the left defroster outlet to gain access to the wiper motor screws.
- Remove the one screw holding the left hand heater duct to the engine shroud and move the heater duct down and out.
- Remove the windshield washer hoses from the pump.
- Remove the 3 screws holding the wiper motor to the cowl and lift the wiper motor out from under the dash.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Install the wiper motor in the PARK position.