REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Except 1996-97 Models
See Figures 1 and 2
The EHCU valve is not serviceable. Replace the valve only when defective.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise the vehicle and support it with jackstands.
- Tag and disengage the electrical connections from the EHCU/BPMV.
- Disconnect the brake pipes from the EHCU/BPMV.
- Unfasten the retaining bolts and remove the EHCU/BPMV from its mounting bracket.
- Remove the EHCU/BPMV from the vehicle.
- Install the EHCU/BPMV onto the bracket. Tighten the mounting bolt to 84 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
- Install the EHCU/BPMV and tighten the retainers to 55 ft. lbs. (75 Nm).
- Connect the electrical connectors and hydraulic lines. Torque the line fittings to 16 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Bleed the system and the EHCU/BPMV.
- Connect the negative battery cable, pump the brakes before road test and road test
See Figures 3 and 4