REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Unbolt the master cylinder from the booster and pull it off the studs, CAREFULLY! It is not necessary to disconnect the brake lines.
- Disconnect the vacuum hose from the check valve.
- Disconnect the booster pushrod at the brake pedal.
- If necessary, unfasten the power brake booster nuts from the brake pedal b racket.
- Remove the booster mounting nuts, located on the inside of the firewall.
- Lift off the booster.
- To install the booster with a new gasket.
- Tighten the booster mounting nuts to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm) on 1987-95 models or 27 ft. lbs. (36 Nm) on1996-97 models.
- Install the master cylinder and bleed the system.