CLUTCH PEDAL FREE-PLAY
This adjustment is for the amount of clutch pedal free travel before the throwout bearing contacts the clutch release fingers. It is required periodically to compensate for clutch lining wear. Incorrect adjustment will cause gear grinding and clutch slippage or wear.
- Disconnect the clutch fork return spring at the fork on the clutch housing.
- Loosen the outer locknut on the adjusting rod.
- Move the clutch fork back until clutch spring pressure is felt.
- Hold the clutch pedal against its bumper and turn the inner adjusting nut until it is 0.28 in. (7mm) from the cross lever.
- Tighten the locknut against the cross lever.
- Install the return spring.
- Check the free travel at the pedal and readjust as necessary. It should be 1 3 / 8 in. (34mm).