REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the pushrod from the clutch pedal.
- Disconnect the reservoir hose.
- Disconnect the secondary cylinder hydraulic line to the master cylinder.
- Remove the master cylinder retaining nuts.
- Remove the nut and washer from the mounting clip.
- Disconnect the master cylinder from the coupling using tool J-36221 or its equivalent by depressing the white plastic sleeve with the tool to separate the connection.
- Remove the master cylinder.
- Remove the retaining nuts and remove the reservoir from the firewall.
- Unfasten the actuator-to-cylinder retainers and remove the actuator assembly
- Install the actuator assembly and tighten the retainers to 13 ft. lbs. (17 Nm).
- Engage the master cylinder to the coupling.
If a hard coupling effort is experienced, make sure the clutch pedal and master cylinder pushrods are fully retracted. Also make the actuator pushrod may be pressing against the clutch fork. If this is the case, loosen the actuator mounting nuts and complete the coupling procedure, then retighten the retainers.
- Install the washer and nut, then tighten the clip nut to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Install the master cylinder and tighten the nuts to 13 ft. lbs. (17 Nm).
- Engage the pushrod to the clutch pedal.
Press the pedal down several times to break the plastic retaining straps on the actuator pushrod. Do not remove the plastic button on the end of the pushrod
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Bleed the clutch system.
HYDRAULIC SYSTEM BLEEDING
- Disconnect the master cylinder pushrod from the clutch pedal and remove the actuator cylinder from the clutch master cylinder.
- Remove the reservoir cap and slowly depress the actuator cylinder pushrod until it reaches the bottom of the bore.
- Hold the actuator pushrod at the bottom of the bore and fill the reservoir with brake fluid. If necessary release actuator pushrod.
- Hold the actuator assembly vertically so that the pushrod end faces the ground and the assembly is lower than the master cylinder.
- Depress the actuator assembly pushrod slowly with short strokes of 5-10mm and watch the reservoir for air bubbles. Repeat this procedure until all the air is expelled.
- Install the actuator assembly and if necessary, replenish the reservoir with brake fluid.
- Install the reservoir cap and connect the master cylinder pushrod to the clutch pedal.