REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The use of a suitable press is required for this procedure
- Raise the vehicle and support it with jackstands.
- Remove the driveshaft as outlined in this section.
- Disconnect the front driveshaft from the rear driveshaft by pulling rearward on the rear to disengage the slip yoke.
Remove the center bearing as follows:
- Press off the center bearing slinger retaining ring from the driveshaft.
- Press the driveshaft down and off the center bearing.
Assemble the bearing a follows:
- Press the center bearing onto the shaft.
- Press the center bearing slinger retaining ring onto the driveshaft.
- Install the driveshaft.
- Lower the vehicle and check for proper operation.