REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1 and 2
- Disconnect the feed and module wire terminal connectors from the distributor cap.
- Remove the ignition set retainer.
- Remove the 4 coil cover-to-distributor cap screws and coil cover.
- Remove the 4 coil-to-distributor cap screws.
- Using a blunt drift, press the coil wire spade terminals up and out of the distributor cap.
- Lift the coil up out of the distributor cap.
- Remove and clean the coil spring, rubber seal washer and coil cavity of the distributor cap.
- Coat the rubber seal with a dielectric lubricant furnished in the replacement ignition coil package.
- Reverse the above procedures to install.
- Make sure that the ignition switch is in the OFF position.
- Tag and disconnect the coil wire and the connector on the side of the coil.
- Remove the nuts holding the coil and bracket assembly to the engine and lift out the coil. The coil is riveted to the bracket; to remove it will require drilling the rivets and punching them out.
- Position the coil on the engine and tighten the nuts.
- Attach the coil wire and electrical connectors.