REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery and remove the engine cover.
- Remove the CDR valve.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly and air duct.
- Remove the heat shield from the turbocharger.
- Remove the center intake manifold.
- Tag and remove the vacuum hose from the wastegate actuator.
- Disconnect the exhaust pipe, exhaust clamps and retaining bolts from the turbocharger.
- Remove the turbocharger from the engine.
Before installing the turbocharger, perform the following checks.
- Check the intake and exhaust systems leading to and from the turbocharger for dirt and debris. Even small pieces of dirt can cause severe damage.
- Ensure the exhaust manifold-to-turbocharger mating surfaces and clean.
- Make sure the oil feed and return passages in the block and turbocharger are free of clean and open.
- Install the turbocharger on the engine.
- Coat the turbocharger retaining bolts with a high temperature anti-seize compound, install the bolts and tighten them to 48 ft. lbs. (65 Nm).
Replace the O-rings between the turbocharger and the intake manifold and between the turbocharger and the engine block.
- Connect the exhaust pipes to the turbocharger and tighten the clamps to 90 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Connect the vacuum hose to the wastegate actuator and install the heat shield.
- Install the air cleaner assembly and air intake duct.
- Install the CDR valve and the center intake manifold.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and let it idle for two minutes after finishing the installation. Check for oil leaks.