REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Fixed Mast Antenna
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Unplug the antenna lead from the back of the radio.
- Remove the mast retaining nut and lift the mast from the base.
- Remove the antenna base nut and remove the bezel and seal.
- Pull the antenna base and cable assembly out of the fender. At this point the cable can be unscrewed from the base. If the cable is being removed, carefully remove it from any under-dash clamps and thread it slowly through the firewall and out.
- Install the cable (if removed).
- Install the antenna base and cable assembly.
- Install the seal, bezel and nut.
- Install the mast and retaining nut.
- Connect the antenna lead to the radio.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the right side knee bolster from inside the vehicle.
- Disconnect the antenna cable connector located behind the knee bolster panel.
- Push the cable grommet through the cowl panel.
- Raise and support the hood, then loosen the bolts securing the antenna mounting bracket to the inner fender.
- Pull the antenna assembly downward to disengage it from the fender grommet and remove the grommet.
- Remove the antenna assembly.
- Engage the antenna cable and grommet to the fender.
- Push the antenna assembly up to engage the grommet.
- Install the bolts the secure the mounting bracket to the fender and tighten the bolts to 97 inch lbs. (11 Nm).
- From inside the van, pull the cable grommet through the cowl panel and engage the connector behind the knee bolster panel.
- Install the knee bolster panel.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the antenna nut and bezel.
- Remove the lower instrument panel extension.
- Disconnect the antenna from the radio.
- Disengage the electrical connections, as necessary.
- Loosen the antenna bracket screw and remove the antenna.