REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
BELOW EYE LEVEL MIRROR
See Figure 1
- Lift the mirror cover, pivot the mirror towards the door and remove the mirror cover screw.
- Remove the mirror-to-door retainers.
- Remove the mirror and seal.
- Position the mirror and seal.
- Install the mirror-to-door retainers and the mirror cover screw.
- Remove the mirror bracket-to-door bracket nuts, bolts and bushings.
- Remove the mirror bracket from the door.
- Remove the door bracket nuts and bolts.
- Remove the brackets from the door.
- Install the door bracket, then fasten the nuts and bolts
- Imnstall the mirror bracket, nuts, bolts and bushings.
See Figure 2
- Loosen the set screw, then remove the bolt and washers.
- Remove the mirror head.
- Loosen the arm bolts and remove the bolts.
- Loosen the brace bolts and the brace.
- Install the brace and the bolts finger tighten only.
- Install the arm and the bolts, then tighten the brace and arm bolts to 32 inch lbs. (4 Nm).
- Install the mirror head, washer and bolt, then tighten the bolt to 27 ft. lbs. (37 Nm).
- Install the set screw and tighten it to 15 inch lbs. (2 Nm).
See Figure 3
- Loosen the mirror arm bolts, then remove the mirror arm from the van.
- Loosen the mirror-to-clamp retaining fasteners and remove the mirrors.
- Loosen both bracket retainers and remove the bracket.
- Remove the insulator and bolt.
- Install the insulator and fingertighten the bolt.
- Install the lower bracket and tighten nuts to 41 inch lbs. (5 Nm) and the bolts to 18 inch lbs. (2 Nm).
- Install the mirror arm and retainers, then position the arm 90 degrees to the door panel and tighten the upper and lower bracket pivot arm nuts to 106 inch lbs. (12 Nm).
- Install the mirrors and tighten the clamp retainers to 41 inch lbs. (5 Nm).