REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 4
- Raise and support the front end on jackstands.
- Remove the wheels.
- If equipped, unfasten the nuts from the link bolt spacer assemblies and remove the link bolts.
- Remove the stabilizer bar-to-frame clamps.
- Remove the stabilizer bar-to-lower control arm clamps.
- Remove the stabilizer bar and bushings.
- Check the bushings for wear or splitting. Replace any damaged bushings.
- During installation, note that the split in the bushing faces forward.
- Coat the bushings with silicone grease prior to installation.
- Install all fasteners finger-tight. When all the fasteners are in place, tighten all of them to 24 ft. lbs. (32 Nm) on 1987-95 models and 26 ft. lbs. (35 Nm) on 1996-97 models.
- If removed install the spacer and link bolt assemblies. Install the nut until it meets the end of the bolt threads and then tighten the nuts to 13 ft. lbs. (18 Nm).