REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
This valve was used on 1996-97 models.
When draining engine coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted to ethylene glycol antifreeze and could drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantity. Always drain coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or is several years old.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Remove the heater hose clamps using tool J-39529 or its equivalent
- Disconnect the heater hoses from the bypass valve(s).
- Loosen the bolts and remove the valve from the cowl
- Install the valve and tighten the bolts to 35 inch lbs. (4 Nm).
- Connect the heater hoses and install the heater hose clamps using tool J-39529 or its equivalent.
- Refill the cooling system.