REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The control cable is used on 1987-95 models only. The 1996-97 models utilize vacuum to operate the control doors.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the engine cover and radio.
- Remove the control assembly.
- Unfasten the temperature cable retainer from the control assembly and remove the cable eyelet.
- Disconnect the tab from the slot in the control assembly.
- Loosen the cable-to-defroster duct screw and retainer.
- Loosen the cable-to-heater case screw and retainer.
- Unfasten the adjuster tab retainer from the heater case and remove the adjuster tab.
- Disconnect the cable-to-heater case tab from the slot in the heater case.
- Remove the cable.
- Attach a wire to the new cable and pull it through from the heater core end of the van.
- Connect the cable-to-heater case tab to the slot in the case.
- Connect the adjusting tab to the heater case using the retainer.
- Fasten the screw and retainer which attach the cable to the heater case.
- Fasten the screw and retainer which attach the cable to the defroster duct.
- Connect the tab to the slot in the control assembly.
- Install the cable outlet to the control assembly using the retainer.
- Install the control assembly and radio.
- Install the engine cover and connect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the instrument panel compartment and door
- Loosen the cable attaching bolt at the heater case assembly.
Ensure that the cable is installed in the bracket on the defroster duct assembly.
- Place the temperature lever in the full COLD position and hold while tightening the cable attaching screw.
- Install the instrument panel compartment and door.