REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Door Glass and Regulator
See Figure 1
Remove the door glass as follows:
- Lower the glass to the bottom of the door and remove the door trim panel.
- Remove the door vent/window channel run assembly.
Mask or cover any sharp edges that could scratch the glass.
- Slide the glass forward until the front roller is in line with the notch in the sash channel.
- Disengage the roller from the channel.
- Push the window forward, then tilt it up until the rear roller is disengaged.
- Place the window in a level position, and raise it straight up and out of the door.
Remove the regulator as follows.
- Raise the window and tape the glass in the full up position using cloth body tape.
- Remove the door trim panel and the door panel to regulator bolts.
- Slide the regulator rearward to disengage the rear roller from the sash channel. Then disengage the lower roller from the regulator rail.
- Disengage the forward roller from the sash channel at the notch in the sash channel.
- Collapse the regulator and remove it through the access hole in the door.
Install the regulator as follows.
- Lubricate the regulator and the sash channel and regulator rails with Lubriplate® or its equivalent.
- Collapse the regulator and insert it through the access hole.
- Engage the forward roller to the sash channel at the notch.
- Slide the regulator rearward to engage the rear roller to the sash channel and also connect the lower roller to the to the regulator rail.
- Slide the regulator into position and install the regulator drive.
- Install the door panel to regulator bolts and tighten them to 84 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
- Install the trim panel and remove the tape from the window.
Install the glass as follows:
- Lower the window into the door, push it forward, tilt it up and slide the rear roller into the sash channel.
- Slide the window back until the front roller is in line with the notch in the sash channel, then engage the roller to the channel.
- Slide the window rearward into the run channel.
- Remove the masking tape and install the trim panel.
See Figures 2 and 3
- Remove the front and rear door garnish.
- Remove the trim panel and water deflector.
- Lower window, then remove the inner and outer sealing strip.
- Loosen the front run channel bolt and remove the channel.
- Raise the window half way to gain access to the nuts retaining the window to the sash and loosen the nuts.
- Remove the window.
- Loosen the rear run channel retaining bolts and remove the channel.
- Remove the inside door handle.
- Remove the lock rods from the door regulator.
- Tag and disengage any electrical connections that will hamper regulator (module) removal.
- Drill out the rivets retaining the regulator assembly (module to the door.
- Remove the regulator (module) from the door.
- Install the regulator and rivet it to the door.
- Engage all the electrical connections.
- Connect the lock rods to the regulator.
- Install the door handle.
- Install the rear run channel. Tighten the run channel bolt to 97 inch lbs. (11 Nm).
- Install the window and the nuts, then tighten the nuts to 97 inch lbs. (11 Nm).
- Lower the front window and install the front run channel. Tighten the bolt to 97 inch lbs. (11 Nm).
- Install the inner and outer sealing strips
- Install the water deflector and the front and rear door garnish.
- INstall the trim panel.