REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Unfasten the instrument panel extension screws, washers and shims, then remove the extension.
- Unfasten the engine cover retaining screws.
- Remove the clamp from the pin and the engine cover from the vehicle.
- Install the engine cover and the clamp to the pin.
- Install the engine cover-to-panel screws.
- Install the lower extension and tighten the screws, washers and shims.
See Figures 2 through 12
- Unfasten the instrument panel extension screws, and remove the extension.
- On 7.4L and 6.5L diesel engines, remove the passenger seat.
In some cases it may be necessary to remove the storage compartment from the engine cover and some of the lower trim panels to access the engine cover straps.
- If necessary, remove the air duct.
- Release the engine cover straps and remove the engine cover.
- Install the engine cover and make sure its sealing strip is properly seated.
- Install the retaining straps and any components removed to gain access to the straps.
- If removed, install the passenger seat.
- Install the instrument panel lower extension and tighten the screws.