REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- On 4WD models, remove the transfer case lever boot.
- Remove the transmission lever boot retaining ring.
- Remove the boot retaining screws.
- Remove the boot.
- Push downward on the cap at the bottom of the lever and turn it counterclockwise. Pull the lever from the transmission.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
See Figure 2
- Remove the shift boot retaining ring.
- Remove the boot retaining screws and lift off the boot.
- Loosen the jam nut and unscrew the lever.