Fuel pressure gauge J-34730-1A or its equivalent is required to perform this procedure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Loosen the fuel filler cap to relieve fuel tank pressure.
- Connect the fuel pressure gauge to the pressure connection. Wrap a shop towel around the fitting while connecting the gauge to prevent spillage.
- Install the bleed hose into an approved container and open the valve to bleed the system. The system is now safe for servicing.
- Drain any fuel remaining in the gauge into an approved container.