The coolant temperature sensor changes resistance as the coolant temperature increases and decreases. The coolant sensor can be found at these different locations as follows:
See Figure 1
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and drain the engine coolant.
- If necessary to gain access to the sensor, the engine cover may have to be removed.
- Disconnect the sensor electrical lead and unscrew the sensor..
- Install the sensor and connect the electrical lead.
- Install the engine cover.
- Connect the battery cable and fill the engine with coolant.