See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect the negative battery cable for safety purposes.
- Disconnect the vacuum line from the modulator.
- Remove the vacuum modulator bolt and retainer.
- Carefully remove the vacuum modulator from the transaxle.
When removing the vacuum modulator, be careful the modulator valve does not fall from the transaxle case.To install:
- Using a new O-ring, install the modulator into the transaxle case.
- Install the retainer and bolt, and tighten to 15-20 ft. lbs. (20-27 Nm).
- Connect the vacuum line to the modulator.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check for proper operation.