REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- If necessary for access to the booster, remove the battery and the air cleaner assembly.
- Remove the two nuts that secure the master cylinder to the booster.
- Carefully move the master cylinder forward just enough to clear the studs on the vacuum booster. This will flex the brake pipes slightly, so be careful not to bend or distort the pipes.
- Disconnect the vacuum hose(s) from the booster.
- From inside of the vehicle, remove the booster pushrod from the brake pedal.
- Unfasten the nuts that attach the booster to the dash panel and remove it from the vehicle.
- Transfer the necessary parts to the new booster.
- Position the booster in the vehicle.
- Connect the booster pushrod to the brake pedal. Tilt the entire vacuum booster slightly to work the pushrod onto the pedal clevis pin without putting unnecessary side pressure on the pushrod. Use your left hand to align the pushrod with the pedal, then push together.
- Secure the booster using the retaining nuts. Tighten the nuts to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Attach the booster vacuum hose.
- Connect the master cylinder to the power brake booster.
- If removed, install the air cleaner and battery.
- Bleed the brake system, connect the negative battery cable and check the brakes for proper operation.