REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the right side sound insulator.
- Disconnect the clutch cable or master cylinder pushrod, as applicable from the clutch pedal.
- If the clutch pedal pivot is mounted using a nut and bolt, remove from the bracket and remove the clutch pedal. Remove the spacers and bushings from the pedal.
- If the clutch pedal pivot is mounted using a rivet, the pedal and bracket must be removed as an assembly. Remove the bracket attaching nuts from inside the engine compartment and remove the bracket and pedal assembly.
If mounted with a nut and bolt, perform the following;
- Install the spacer and bushings on the pedal. Lubricate the bushings before installing on the pedal.
- Position the clutch pedal to the mounting bracket and install the pivot bolt and retaining nut. Tighten to 23 ft. lbs. (31 Nm).
- If rivet mounted, install the bracket and pedal assembly. Install and tighten the attaching nuts.
- Lubricate the master cylinder pushrod bushing
- Install the pushrod on the pedal or connect the cable. If equipped with cruise control, check the switch adjustment at the clutch pedal bracket.
- Install the right side sound insulator.
- Connect the negative battery cable.