Combination SensorSee Figure 1
- Using a 28mm socket, rotate the harmonic balancer and pull the handle until the interrupter ring(s) fill the sensor slot(s) and edge of the interrupter window is aligned with the edge of the deflector on the pedestal.
- Insert adjustment tool J-36179 or equivalent into the gap between the sensor and the interrupter on each side of the interrupter ring. If the gauge will not slide past the sensor on either side of the interrupter ring, then sensor is out of adjustment or the interrupter ring is bent. This clearance should be checked at three positions around the outer interrupter ring, about 120° apart.
If the sensor is found to be out of adjustment, it should be removed and inspected for potential damage.
- Loosen the pinch bolt on the sensor pedestal, then insert adjustment tool J-36179 or equivalent into the gap between the sensor and the interrupter on each side of the interrupter ring.
- Make sure that the interrupter in sandwiched between blades of the adjustment tool and both blades are properly inserted into the sensor slot.
- Tighten the sensor retaining pinch bolt to 30 inch lbs. (34 Nm) while keeping light pressure on the sensor against the gauge and interrupter ring. This clearance should be checked again, at three positions around the interrupter ring, about 120° apart. If the interrupter ring contacts the sensor at any point, the interrupter ring has excessive run-out and must be replaced.