REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
The combination sensor is only found on the 3.0L engine.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the right side lower engine compartment filler pane and the right lower wheel house-to-engine compartment bolt.
- Detach the combination sensor harness connector.
- Using a 28mm socket and pull handle, rotate the harmonic balancer until any window in the interrupter is aligned with the combination sensor.
- Loosen the pinch bolt on the sensor pedestal until the sensor is free to slide in the pedestal.
- While manipulating the sensor within the pedestal, carefully remove the sensor and pedestal as a unit.
- If a new sensor is being installed, loosen the pinch bolt on the new sensor pedestal until the sensor is free to slide in the pedestal.
- Make sure that the window in the interrupter is still properly positioned, then install the sensor and pedestal as a unit. Be sure that the interrupter ring is aligned with the proper slot.
- Install the pedestal-to-engine mounting bolts, then tighten them to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
- Fasten the lower wheel house-to-engine compartment bolt, then install the right lower filler panel.
- Connect the negative battery cable.