REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Detach the DIS electrical connectors.
- Tag and disconnect the spark plug leads from the coils.
- Remove the DIS assembly retaining bolts, then remove the unit from the engine.
Before installing the DIS assembly, check the crankshaft sensor O-ring for damage or leakage and replace if necessary. Lubricate the O-ring with engine oil before installing.To install:
- Fit the DIS assembly into the engine, then secure using the retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Connect the spark plug wires to the coils as tagged during removal.
- Attach the DIS electrical connectors.
- Connect the negative battery cable.