REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
Only the 2.0L engine is equipped with a timing belt.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the serpentine belt.
- Remove serpentine belt tensioner bolt (loosen the bolt and the tensioner arm will swing downward).
- Unfasten the cover bolts and nuts, then remove the cover.
- Remove the crankshaft key and thrust washer.
- Using a suitable small prybar, carefully pry out the old oil seal.
Use care to avoid damage to seal bore and crankshaft.To install:
- Thoroughly clean and dry the oil seal mounting surface.
- Use the appropriate installation tool and drive the oil seal into the front cover.
- Position the timing belt cover, then secure using the bolts and nut. Tighten to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Install the serpentine belt tensioner, then tighten to 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm).
- Install the serpentine belt.
- Connect the negative battery cable.