REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
Use masking tape and heavy rags to protect the painted surfaces around the fender area. This will help avoid expensive paint damage during fender removal and installation.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the hood.
- Remove the front wheel.
- As outlined in this section, remove the front bumper cover.
- Remove the inner fender well.
- Detach the rocker molding, if equipped.
- Remove the grille and headlamp mounting panel.
- Unfasten the bolts from along the top of the fender.
- Remove the bolts that attach the bottom of the fender to the rocker panel.
- Unfasten the front brace attaching bolts.
- Remove the fender from the vehicle.
- Connect the braces and hardware to the fender.
- Fasten the bolts along the top of the fender.
- Install the bolts to the bottom of the fender at the rocker panel. Check the fender alignment and tighten the bolts.
- Install the grille and headlamp mounting panel.
- Install the front bumper, followed by the inner fender.
- Attach all electrical connectors.
- Install the front wheel and tire assembly.
- Carefully lower the vehicle, then install the hood. Slowly lower the hood and check alignment. Realign if necessary.