REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Open trunk lid. Place a protective covering over the adjacent body panels to protect from damage.
- Detach all electrical connectors attached to electrical components connected to the trunk lid.
- Tie a string to the wire harness, then pull it out of the trunk lid. Be sure to allow enough string to feed the wire harness back through the lid.
- Remove the lock release cable.
- If so equipped, disconnect the lock out solenoid.
- While an assistant supports the lid, unfasten the lid-to-hinge bolts, then remove the lid.
- With the aid of an assistant, reposition the trunk lid to the hinges and install the bolts.
- Tighten retaining bolts to 106 inch lbs. (12 Nm).
- Adjust the trunk lid as necessary.
- Feed string attached to electrical harness through lid and pull wire harness through lid.
- Connect electrical connectors and lock out solenoid connector, if so equipped.
- Loosen the lid to hinge bolts.
- Align trunk lid as needed, then tighten the bolts to 106 inch lbs. (12 Nm).
- Remove the rear seat-to-back window trim panel.
- Loosen the hinge lock screw.
- Insert a pin into the slots and push or pull to adjust the rear compartment lid to the quarter.
- Tighten the screws securely once aligned.
See Figure 2
Additional adjustment can be made on the rear corners of the lid by rotating the bumpers clockwise to bring the corners down, or counterclockwise to bring the corners up.