REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect negative battery cable.
- For the 3.1L engine, remove the alternator belt, then remove the alternator and position aside.
- For the 2.5L and 3.3L engines, remove the power steering pressure hose from the power steering pump.
- For the 3.0L engine, remove the serpentine belt.
- For the 3.0L and 3.3L engines, remove the retaining bolts from the power steering pump bracket, then set the pump aside.
- Detach the blower electrical connector, then, if accessible, remove the cooling tube.
When cutting the blower motor cover, make the cut just the thickness of the cover, which is1/ 8 inch (2mm) thick. Cutting deeper than that may damage the cooling tube.
- For 1992-98 vehicles, partially cut the blower motor case cover, as shown on the cover. Cutting completely around the cover is NOT required. Swing the cut potion of the cover down.
- If previously accessible, disconnect the cooling tube.
- Unfasten the attaching screws/bolts and remove the blower motor from the case.
- If necessary, remove the fan from the blower motor.
- The installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- If the case was cut during removal, secure the cover using the three retaining clips. Tighten the blower motor screws to 44 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Connect the negative battery cable, then start the engine and check the blower motor for proper operation.