REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the right sound insulator.
- If equipped, remove the console extension.
- Remove the control assembly as outlined in this section.
- Disconnect the cable from the control assembly.
- Detach the control cable from the heater module. On some vehicles it will help to use a 7mm socket to push the retaining "fingers" on the module arm together to allow for easy release of the cable end.
- Remove the control cable from the vehicle.
- Install the control cable.
- Connect the cable to the heater module.
Attach the cable to the control assembly. If the cable does not snap in to the control assembly, do the following:
- Remove the cable end from the heater control.
- Rotate the cable "snap in" 90°.
- Secure the cable to the heater control with a hex headed, self-tapping screw.
- Reinstall the cable. If the retaining "fingers" are broken, break off the remaining "fingers" and install a push-on clip.
- Install the control assembly as outlined later in this section.
- If equipped, install the console extension.
- Install the right sound insulator.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
See Figure 5
After cable installation, move the temperature knob quickly from full cold to full hot position. At about two-thirds control travel, additional effort may be required to complete the adjustment. During adjustment, a "click" may be heard as the cable end is brought into proper position. The cable is now set and should provide uniform effort from full cold to full hot and back with audible temperature valve stop contact upon reaching these positions. If not, remove the cable end from the actuator and turn the eyelet until the cable end is flush with the end of the eyelet. Reinstall, then adjust the cable.