REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The capacitor, if equipped, is part of the coil wire harness assembly. The capacitor is used only for radio noise suppression, and will seldom need replacement.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the distributor cap by turning the four screws counterclockwise, then matchmark the location of the rotor and remove it by pulling it straight up.
- Unfasten the capacitor attaching screw, then unplug the connector from the module and remove the capacitor from the distributor.
When removing the capacitor, it may help to loosen the module.To install:
- Install the capacitor in the distributor, engage the connector to the module, then install the hold-down screw making sure the ground lead is under the screw.
- Install the rotor, then position the distributor cap and secure by tightening the four retaining screws.
- Connect the negative battery cable.