REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- If necessary for access to the distributor, remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Remove the distributor cap and rotor.
- Remove the module retaining screws, then lift the stamped sheet metal shield and module upwards.
Make sure to note the color code on the leads, as these cannot be interchanged.
- Note the color code of the module leads, then disconnect them.
Do not wipe the grease from the module or distributor base, if the same module is to be replaced.
- Spread silicone grease on the metal face of the module and on the distributor base where the module seats.
- Fit the module leads to the module. Make certain the leads are fully seated and latched. Seat the module and metal shield into the distributor, then secure using the retaining screws.
- Install the rotor and distributor cap.
- If removed, install the air cleaner assembly.
- Connect the negative battery cable.