- Turn the ignition key OFF .
- Unplug the coil pack from the vehicle harness connector.
- Measure the resistance between terminals with a Digital Volt Ohmmeter (DVOM).
- If the reading is not greater than 10 kilohms, replace the coil.
- Reinstall all components and reattach the negative battery cable.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Detach the 11-pin IDI/ICM harness connector.
- Remove the ignition coil and module assembly from the engine, as outlined in this section.
- Unfasten the housing to cover retaining screws, then remove the housing from the cover.
- Disengage the coil harness connector(s).
- Remove the coil(s), contact(s) and seal(s) from the cover.
- Install the coil(s) to the cover.
- Attach the coil harness connector.
- Install new seals to the housing.
- Using petroleum jelly to retain the contacts, install the contacts to the housing.
- Install the housing cover and secure using the retaining screws. Tighten the screws to 35 inch lbs. (4 Nm).
- Fit the spark plug boots and retainers to the housing.
- Install the IDI assembly to the engine, as outlined in this section.
- Attach the 11-pin harness connector.
- Connect the negative battery cable.