REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the ignition coil and module assembly from the engine, as outlined in this section.
- Unfasten the housing-to-cover retaining screws, then remove the housing from the cover.
- Detach the coil harness connector from the module.
- Unfasten the module-to-cover retaining screws, then remove the module from the cover.
Do not wipe the grease from the module or coil, if the same module is to be replaced. If a new module is to be installed, spread the silicone grease (included in package) on the metal face of the new module and on the cover where the module seats. This grease is necessary for module cooling.To install:
- Position the module to the cover, then secure using the retaining screws. Tighten the screws to 35 inch lbs. (4 Nm).
- Attach the coil harness connector to the module.
- Install the housing cover, then secure using the retaining screws. Tighten the screws to 35 inch lbs. (4 Nm).
When installing the housing to the cover, makes sure the ground strap stays in place.
- Fit the spark plug boots and retainers to the housing.
- Install the IDI assembly to the engine, as outlined in this section.
- Connect the negative battery cable.