REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the rear wheel and tire assemblies.
Do NOT hammer on the brake drum, as this may damage the drum.
- Remove the brake drum.
- Using the large hole in the hub for access, remove the four bolts using a T50 Torx tool.
- If equipped, detach the rear ABS wheel speed sensor electrical connector.
The top rear attaching bolt/nut will not clear the brake shoe when removing the hub and bearing assembly. Partially remove the hub and bearing assembly before removing this bolt.To install:
- If equipped, attach the rear ABS wheel speed sensor electrical connector.
- Install the hub and bearing assembly. Position the top rear attaching bolt in the hub and bearing assembly before installing it in the axle assembly. Tighten the hub and bearing-to-axle bolts to 44 ft. lbs. (60 Nm).
- Install the brake drum, then the wheel and tire assembly.
- Carefully lower the vehicle.