REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 6
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Open the trunk lid and remove the trim cover. If equipped, remove the nut cover.
- Remove the upper shock attaching nut(s). If removing both shocks, remove one at a time.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Unfasten the lower shock absorber mounting bolts. One wrench will have to be placed on the bolt head side to retain the bolt as you loosen the nut. Usually a 15mm wrench is used to remove them.
- Connect the shock absorbers at the lower attachment and install the attaching bolt.
- Lower the vehicle enough to guide the shock absorber upper stud through the body opening, then fasten the upper shock absorber attaching nut loosely. Tighten the lower shock absorber mounting bolt to 35 ft. lbs. (47 Nm).
- Remove the axle support, then carefully lower the vehicle. Tighten the shock absorber upper nut to 21 ft. lbs. (29 Nm).
- If equipped, install the retaining nut cover, then install the rear trim cover. Close the trunk lid.
- Connect the negative battery cable.