REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 6
- Raise the rear of the vehicle and support it safely with jackstands.
- Remove the fasteners that secure the bar to the ends of the axle.
- Remove the hardware and fasteners that attach the stabilizer bar to the beam portion of the rear axle.
The rear wheels should not be touching the ground when removing the stabilizer bar. If one side of the vehicle is on jackstands, the spring tension of the stabilizer bar will make removal difficult.
- Position the stabilizer bar onto the axle, and attach the stabilizer bar to the beam portion of the rear axle with the necessary hardware. Tighten the fasteners to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
- Secure the ends of the stabilizer bar to the axle. Make sure the bushings are positioned properly. Tighten the fasteners to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
- Carefully lower the vehicle.