See Figure 1
The oil pressure switch relays the oil pressure in the engine to the instrument cluster. The switch will illuminate the OIL PRESSURE light if the oil pressure drops below 2psi (13 pa).
- Unplug the switch electrical connection.
- Connect one lead of a ohmmeter to the switch terminal and the other lead to the switch body.
- With the engine off the resistance should be approximately 1 ohm.
- Start the engine. The resistance should increase as the engine speed increases.
- If not, replace the switch.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Drain the engine oil.
- Disconnect the switch electrical lead and unscrew the switch.
- Coat the first two or three threads with sealer. Install the switch and tighten until snug.
- Attach the electrical lead.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Connect the battery cable and fill the engine with oil.