REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- If equipped, disable the SRS system.
- Detach the left instrument panel insulator.
- Remove the left instrument panel trim pad and the steering column trim collar.
- Unfasten the steering column upper support bracket bolts, then remove the support bracket.
- Lower the steering column and support it safely.
- Disconnect the wiring from the ignition switch.
- Unfasten the ignition switch-to-steering column screws. Remove the ignition switch from the steering column.
Before installing, place the slider in the proper position (switch viewed with the terminals pointing up), according to the steering column and accessories:
Standard column with key release-extreme left detent
- Install the activating rod into the switch and install the switch to the column.
Do not use oversized screws as they could impair the collapsibility of the column.
- Connect the wiring to the ignition switch. Adjust the switch, as required.
- Install the steering column.
- Fasten the steering column trim collar, instrument panel trim pad and insulator.
- If equipped, enable the SRS system.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check the ignition switch for proper operation.