REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 5
- If equipped, disable the SRS system. For details, please refer to Chassis Electrical of this information.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable
- Unfasten the screws that retain the steering pad or airbag assembly.
- Disconnect the horn lead, then remove the horn pad or trim cover.
- Remove the retainer, nut and damper, if equipped.
- Matchmark the steering wheel to the shaft, then, using a suitable steering wheel puller, remove the steering wheel from the vehicle.
- Install the steering wheel, making sure to align the matchmarks.
- Install the retainer, nut and damper, if equipped. Tighten the attaching nut to 30 ft. lbs. (41 Nm).
- Connect the horn lead, then install the horn pad or airbag assembly and tighten the retaining screws.
- If equipped, enable the SRS system and/or connect the negative battery cable.