REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
Use care in removing the injector to prevent damage to the electrical connector pins on top of the injector, filter and the nozzle. The fuel injector is serviced as a complete assembly only. The fuel injector is an electrical component and should not be immersed in any type of cleaner.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Raise the hood, install fender covers, then remove the air cleaner assembly.
- If not done already, disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Detach the electrical connector to the injector by squeezing on the tabs, then pulling upward.
- Remove the injector retainer screw and retainer.
- Place a smooth object on top of the fuel meter body, to act as a fulcrum.
- Insert a suitable prytool into the small lip of the injector