REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
For control panel removal and installation for vehicles not equipped with automatic A/C, please refer to the procedure located earlier in the Heater portion of this section.
- If necessary for access to the negative battery cable, remove the air cleaner and duct assembly.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the instrument panel trim plate.
- Unfasten the screws securing the control assembly to the dash.
- Pull the control assembly away from the dash, detach the electrical connections, then remove the control assembly from the vehicle.
- Attach the control electrical connections.
- Position the control assembly and secure using the attaching screws. Tighten the screws to 13 inch lbs. (1.5 Nm).
- Install the instrument panel trim plate.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- If removed, install the air cleaner assembly.