DISCONNECT & CONNECT
See Figures 1 and 2
- Have the system properly discharged by a repair shop with an approved recovery/recycling system.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove all items preventing access to any portion of the line, following the appropriate instructions elsewhere in this information.
- Remove the bolt or nut that attaches the line to the evaporator or condenser, or separate the taper fittings using a backup wrench.
Cap the refrigerant lines when opening the system to prevent the entry of dirt and moisture and the loss of refrigerant lubricant.
- Remove the retaining strap or bracket.
- Remove the refrigerant line from the engine compartment and discard the O-rings.
- Lubricate new O-rings with refrigerant oil and install to the line. Install the line to the air conditioning components and tighten the fitting, nut, or bolt.
- Install all items that were removed during the removal procedure.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Have a reputable repair shop evacuate, charge and leak test the A/C system, using the correct equipment.