REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 8
Always make sure that the ignition is OFF when disconnecting or connecting the battery cables. Failure to do so may cause damage to the computer control module or other electronic components.
- Make sure the ignition is OFF . Remove the air cleaner assembly if necessary, and disconnect the negative battery cable, then the positive cable.
- Unfasten the retaining bolts, then remove the cross brace.
- If equipped with Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), remove the relay center and bracket, then position aside.
- If necessary, detach the electrical connector and hose from the windshield washer pump, then unfasten the reservoir retaining nut and remove the reservoir.
- Remove the air cleaner bracket upper attachment bolt.
- Unfasten the battery heat shield, hold-down bolt, and retainer.
- Remove the battery from the battery tray.
- Place the heat shield on the battery, then position the battery in the vehicle.
- Install the retainer, air cleaner bracket and hold-down bolt. Tighten the hold-down bolt to 13 ft. lbs. (18 Nm).
- Install the air cleaner bracket upper attachment bolt. Tighten the bolt to 35 inch lbs. (4 Nm).
- Position the windshield washer reservoir and secure with the retainers. Attach the hose and electrical connector to the windshield washer pump.
- If equipped with ABS, install the relay center bracket and relay center.
- Position the cross brace, then secure with the retaining bolts. Tighten the front bolt to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm) and the rear bolt to 35 ft. lbs. (47 Nm).
- Connect the positive battery cable, then the negative battery cable. Tighten the cable bolts to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- If removed, install the air cleaner assembly.