REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 8
- Make sure the ignition is OFF . Remove the air cleaner assembly if necessary, and disconnect the negative battery cable, then the positive cable.
- Unfasten the retaining bolts, then remove the cross brace.
- If equipped with Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), remove the relay center and bracket, then position aside.
- If necessary, detach the electrical connector and hose from the windshield washer pump, then unfasten the reservoir retaining nut and remove the reservoir.
- Remove the air cleaner bracket upper attachment bolt.
- Unfasten the battery heat shield, hold-down bolt, and retainer.
- Remove the battery from the battery tray.
- Place the heat shield on the battery, then position the battery in the vehicle.
- Install the retainer, air cleaner bracket and hold-down bolt. Tighten the hold-down bolt to 13 ft. lbs. (18 Nm).
- Install the air cleaner bracket upper attachment bolt. Tighten the bolt to 35 inch lbs. (4 Nm).
- Position the windshield washer reservoir and secure with the retainers. Attach the hose and electrical connector to the windshield washer pump.
- If equipped with ABS, install the relay center bracket and relay center.
- Position the cross brace, then secure with the retaining bolts. Tighten the front bolt to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm) and the rear bolt to 35 ft. lbs. (47 Nm).
- Connect the positive battery cable, then the negative battery cable. Tighten the cable bolts to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- If removed, install the air cleaner assembly.