- Remove the ignition coil(s).
- Using an ohmmeter, check the resistance between the primary terminals on the underside of the coil. The resistance should be 0.50-0.90 ohms.
- Check the resistance between the secondary terminals. It should be 5000-10,000 ohms.
- If the coil failed either test, replace the coil.
REMOVAL and INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Tag and disconnect the spark plug wires.
- Unfasten the 2 retaining screws securing the coil to the ignition module, then remove the remove the coil assembly.
- Position the coil assembly to the ignition module. -5 Nm).
- Attach the spark plug wires as tagged during removal.
- Connect the negative battery cable.