REMOVAL and INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Detach the 14-way connector at the ignition module.
- Tag and disconnect the spark plug wires at the coil assembly.
- Remove the 6 screws securing the coil assemblies to the ignition control module, then disconnect the coils from the module.
- Unfasten the nuts and washers that retain the module to the bracket, then remove the ignition module from the vehicle.
- Position the coils to the ignition control module, then secure with the retaining screws. Tighten the screws to 40 inch lbs. (4.5 Nm).
- Fit the module assembly to the bracket and install the retaining nuts and washers. Tighten to 70 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Connect the spark plug wires, as tagged during removal.
- Attach the 14-way connector to the module.
- Connect the negative battery cable.