REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
The front wheel speed sensor is serviceable only as an assembly. Do not attempt to service the sensor harness pigtail is it is part of the sensor.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Detach the front sensor electrical connector.
- Remove the bolt retaining the sensor pigtail.
- Unfasten the 2 bolts retaining the sensor, then remove the sensor from the vehicle.
- Position the front wheel speed sensor, making sure the sensor guide pins are properly aligned and the sensor is seated.
- Install the sensor retaining bolts and tighten to 52 ft. lbs. (70 Nm).
- Attach the front sensor electrical connector.
- Carefully lower the vehicle.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
The rear integral wheel hub/bearing and sensor assembly must be replaced as a unit. Refer to Suspension & Steering for hub and bearing removal and installation procedures.