REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The accumulator is a nitrogen-charged pressure vessel which holds brake fluid under high pressure. It can not be repaired and must be serviced as an assembly.
- Depressurize the Powermaster III completely.
- Remove the air cleaner, duct and stud if present.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the 30 amp fusible element K from the ABS power center.
- Remove the accumulator by turning the hex nut on the end of the accumulator with a 17mm socket. Remove from the vehicle by sliding out from underneath the hydraulic unit, towards the left front wheel well.
- Remove the O-ring from the accumulator.
- Lightly lubricate a new O-ring with clean brake fluid and install on the accumulator.
- Install the accumulator and tighten to 24 ft. lbs. (33 Nm).
- Install the 30 amp fusible element.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Install the air cleaner, duct and stud.
- Properly bleed the ABS brakes, as outlined in this section.