REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
Do not lift or pull the hydraulic unit using the hydraulic unit wiring harness.
- Depressurize the Powermaster III completely.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the 30 amp fusible element K from the ABS power center.
- Unplug the 7-pin vehicle electrical connector from the hydraulic unit harness.
- Detach the vehicle 10-pin electrical connector from the hydraulic unit harness.
- Unplug the 2-pin connector from the fluid level sensor.
- Disconnect the 3 brake pipes from the hydraulic unit. Plug the open lines to prevent fluid loss and contamination.
- Inside the vehicle, remove the hair pin clip and pushrod from the brake pedal.
- Remove the 2 attaching nuts from the cowl bracket studs.
To avoid damage to the protruding hydraulic unit parts, install unit on J-37116 (or equivalent) holding fixture.
- Remove the hydraulic unit.
- Lightly lubricate the entire outer surface of the pushrod with silicone grease. Position the hydraulic unit in the vehicle. Guide the pushrod through the grommet.
- Position the mounting bracket on the cowl bracket studs. Loosely install the attaching nuts.
- Install the pushrod on the brake pedal mounting pin and install the hair pin clip.
- Install the 2 attaching nuts. Tighten the nuts to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Install the 3 brake pipes to the hydraulic unit and tighten to 15 ft. lbs. (17 Nm).
- Attach the 3 electrical connectors to the hydraulic unit or its harness. Make sure all CPA locking pins are installed.
- Install the 30 amp fusible element.
- Adjust the brakelight switch.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Properly bleed the ABS brakes, as outlined in this section.