REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The proportioner valve is not repairable; if any fault is present, it must be replaced as a complete assembly. The use of rubber hoses or hydraulic lines not specifically listed for use with DM ABS-III may lead to system problems requiring major repairs.
- Depressurize the Powermaster III unit.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and safely support vehicle.
- Disconnect the input brake line (12mm) and the 2 output brake lines (10mm) from the proportioner valve.
- Remove the proportioner valve.
- When reinstalling, place the proportioner valve so that the rub pad is against vehicle body.
- Connect the input and output brake lines to the valve. Tighten the nuts to 15 ft. lbs (17 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Properly bleed the system. Only the rear brake circuits require bleeding.