REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
Wipe the reservoir cover assembly and surrounding area clean before removing. A clean work area is essential to completing this procedure without damaging the hydraulic unit.
- Depressurize the Powermaster III unit.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the reservoir cover assembly and reservoir assembly.
- Unplug the 3-pin electrical connector from the solenoid assembly.
- Remove the screws attaching the solenoid assembly.
- Remove the solenoid assembly. Make sure both lower solenoid O-rings (2 per solenoid) are removed from the hydraulic unit.
- Install the solenoid assembly into position; make sure the lower solenoid O-rings are in place and in good condition before installing.
- Install the screws holding the solenoid assembly and tighten to 45 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Engage the electrical connector to the solenoid. Make sure all connector position assurance locking pins are installed.
- Install the reservoir cover and reservoir assembly.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Properly bleed the ABS brakes, as outlined in this section.